Church Relations

History

In 1896, Baptists from both sides of the Carolina border gathered at the Meadow Branch Baptist Church, now Wingate Baptist Church. Representatives from the Baptist associations in Union County, N.C. and Chesterfield County, S.C. prayed into being what would become Wingate University.

The academy that was established would grow to become a junior college (1923), then a senior college (1977) and eventually a university (1995) comprised of the Charles A. Cannon College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business, the Lloyd and Georgia Thayer School of Education and the School of Pharmacy.

We are grateful for our longstanding relationship with churches of all denominations in our area. Members of our faculty and staff are available to assist area churches with supply preachers and short term interim pastorates.  Contact us if we can assist your church.


 
Board of Ministers
The Board of Ministers serves as a strategic link between the University and its church constituencies.  Maintaining close ties with faith constituents allows Wingate to honor its heritage as an institution committed to Christian higher education.  The Board is comprised of 75 ministers from various Christian denominations.



Contact:
Dr. Wayne D. Wike
Director of Development
wike@wingate.edu
704-233-8319